If you have a news article that you think will be of interest to our members, please let me know (email@example.com). I will need the copyright information before I can post a link.
2014 ACEG Annual Awards
From: Andreé Sutton and Sharon G. Guild-Stitt, Awards Co-Chairpersons
Annually ACEG recognizes members who have served our profession in an outstanding way. During the next ACA annual conference (March 2014, Honolulu, HI), at our Awards Luncheon two members will be formally recognized for their dedication and significant contributions as counselors and/or educators.
Your help is needed so we can choose the best! Please take the time to help us recognize some worthy people. Any member may nominate one or more candidates for the ACEG awards. Nominees must be ACEG members. You can nominate yourself with an endorsement from your supervisor.
The award for Professional of the Year is based on outstanding achievement in any or all of the following:
1) Day to day counseling activities leading to positive improvement in client progress;
2) Specific and innovative contributions to the operation of a counseling or education related organization;
3) Counseling or support activities in a situation requiring effort above and beyond the norm (e.g. public disaster or emergency);
4) contributions/efforts leading to improved environments for counselors, educators, and clients;
5) Participation in programs of professional development training – either as organizer, participant, or presenter; and
6) Publications related to any of the above.
Criteria for the Notable Achievement Award are similar to the above. However, this award may be given to an individual or to an organization that has provided outstanding service or benefits to counseling professionals and clients.
To make a nomination, send an email with an attached word document summarizing the accomplishments or actions of the nominee that warrants consideration. Please limit your narration to two pages, typed and double-spaced. Please send your nomination so it will reach the awards chair by January 30, 2014. The individuals and/or organization will be recognized at the ACEG Awards Luncheon to be held at the Hilton Hotel in Honolulu during the ACA Conference March 27, 2014.
If you have questions, please contact the Awards Chairperson, Sharon G. Seesholtz at (210) 842-9054 or SSees1@msn.com. Please send your nomination to SSees1@msn.com by January 30, 2014.
Department of Veterans Affairs Suicide Data Report, 2012